At last after
several round of protracted negotiations with the administration, JCM
Staff side, Departmental council ( NFPE & FNPO) has signed the cadre
restructuring proposal. The staff side has tried to the best of its
ability to make maximum improvement in the proposal. In spite of our
hard bargaining we could not achieve 100 percent success. Our demand for
separate higher pay scale for PO& RMS Accountants, Creation of
separate cadre for System Administrators or grant of special
pay/allowance, bringing MTS also under cadre restructuring etc is not
accepted by the administration. Regarding Postmaster Cadre after much
bargaining, it is agreed to examine our claim for higher pay scale after
the present proposal is approved by the government.
As Govt has already appointed 7th CPC
and the Pay Commission has already published the questionnaire, any
further delay in completing the cadre restructuring will adversely
affect the interest of Postal employees. We will take up the remaining
issues, which are not agreed by the administration in the cadre
restructuring committee with the 7thCPC in our memorandum and make one more effort to get a favourable recommendation.
consideration all the above aspects and also keeping in mind the larger
interest of the employees, we have decided to sign the agreement
Copy of the agreement is published below.
The Salient features of the agreement are as follows :
1. Number of LSG posts will increase from 8 % to 22 %
2. Number of HSG II posts will increase from 2 % to 12 %
3. Number of HSG I posts will increase from 1.5 % to 4 %
4. After completion of 2 years in HSG I the official will be promoted to 4800 GP (Non-functional Basis)
5. The above proposal will be applicable to RMS, Circle Office and SBCO in the same ratio
6. Postman/Mail guard will get the same ratio of promotion.
The present proposal is to be
approved by Postal Board, DoPT & Finance Ministry. We will make all
out effort to get the proposal implemented at an early date.